There are a large number of ophthalmologists in Frankfurt am Main who treat patients with statutory health insurance. But how difficult is it to get an appointment with an ophthalmologist in Frankfurt? Unfortunately, the answer to this question is not clear-cut. In some cases it is relatively easy to find an appointment, while in other cases it can be very difficult.
Factors that influence the allocation of appointments
There are a number of factors that can influence the availability of appointments with ophthalmologists in Frankfurt. These include, among others:
- Demand: around 750,000 people live in Frankfurt am Main. As eye diseases are relatively common, the demand for ophthalmologists in the city is correspondingly high.
- The number of ophthalmologists: There are around 100 ophthalmologists in Frankfurt am Main who treat patients with statutory health insurance. The number of doctors is therefore relatively high, but the demand is even higher.
- The specialty: Getting an appointment can be difficult depending on the specialty. For example, it is usually easier to get an appointment with an ophthalmologist for a check-up than with an ophthalmologist who specializes in a particular eye disease.
- The time of day: As a rule, the chances of getting an appointment in the late afternoon or evening are higher than in the morning.
- The days of the week: As a rule, the chances of getting an appointment on Tuesday or Wednesday are higher than on Monday or Thursday.
Tips for making an appointment
If you would like to make an appointment with an ophthalmologist in Frankfurt, you can follow these tips:
- Plan early: if you want to make an appointment with an ophthalmologist in Frankfurt, you should do so early. This will give you the best chance of getting an appointment.
- Contactthe practice directly: If you would like to make an appointment with a particular ophthalmologist in Frankfurt, you should contact the practice directly. This way you can find out whether appointments are still available.
- Use the 116117 appointment service: If you do not prefer a specific ophthalmologist in Frankfurt, you can use the 116117 appointment service. Here you can make appointments around the clock with registered doctors and psychotherapists in Germany.
Contacting the practice directly
If you contact the practice directly, you should call or email to find out whether there are any appointments available. As a rule, you can also book appointments online for patients with statutory health insurance at some practices. It is noticeable that privately insured patients get an appointment with an ophthalmologist more quickly.
Appointment service of 116117
The 116117 appointment service is a free service provided by the National Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians (KBV). Here you can make appointments with registered doctors and psychotherapists in Germany around the clock.
To make an appointment with an ophthalmologist in Frankfurt via 116117, all you need to do is enter your zip code and an e-mail address. The KBV will then arrange an appointment for you with an ophthalmologist in your area. After selecting an appointment, which is usually available within a few days, you will receive a referral code. You take this with you to the practice together with your insurance card.
The referral code is also required to cancel an appointment.
Advantages of the 116117 appointment service
The 116117 appointment service offers the following advantages:
- You can book appointments around the clock.
- You will receive an appointment with a doctor in your area.
- You do not need to create a user account.
Making appointments with ophthalmologists in Frankfurt can be difficult depending on various factors. If you want to make an appointment with an ophthalmologist in Frankfurt, you should do so well in advance and contact the practice directly.
You are currently viewing a placeholder content from Instagram. To access the actual content, click the button below. Please note that doing so will share data with third-party providers.More Information