The Frankfurt Dippemess 2024 promises to be another unforgettable folk festival for the whole family. With a long history dating back to the late Middle Ages, the Dippemess has become a permanent institution and a highlight in the region’s event calendar. Let yourself be enchanted by the unique atmosphere and experience unforgettable hours together with your family and friends at Frankfurt’s oldest and largest folk festival. In this blog post, we give you a comprehensive overview of this year’s Dippemess, from its history to how to get there and the numerous attractions.
The eventful history of the Frankfurt Dippemess
The origins of the Dippemess date back to the late Middle Ages, when potters and jug makers from the Wetterau region and the Kannebäckerland offered their wares, the “Dippe”, at the Frankfurt fair. Even then, the colorful hustle and bustle attracted jugglers, acrobats, tightrope walkers and comedians. Over the centuries, the event evolved and the traditional trade stands were joined by fairground stalls and showmen. Since 1968, the Dippemess has been held on the fairground on Ratsweg in Frankfurt’s Ostend district.
Arrival and parking – a stress-free trip to the fair
As parking spaces on the fairground are in short supply, it is advisable to travel by public transport. The “Eissporthalle/Festplatz” stop is located directly at the event site and is served by the subway line U7, streetcar line 12 and bus lines 38 and 103. All means of transportation run until midnight and thus ensure a relaxed arrival and departure.
If you still want to arrive by car, enter “Ostparkstraße – via Ratsweg – Frankfurt am Main” in your navigation system. Please note that there are no parking spaces available directly at the fairground.
Dippemess in spring 2024: anticipation is the greatest joy
You can already look forward to next year’s spring Dippemess, which will take place from 22.03. – 14.04.2024.
- Monday: Closed (except Easter Monday)
- Tuesday to Thursday: 3 p.m. to 11 p.m
- Friday to Saturday: 14:00 to 24:00
- Sunday: 12:00 to 23:00
- Maundy Thursday: 2 p.m. to midnight
- Good Friday: Closed
- Easter Sunday: 12:00 to 24:00
- Easter Monday: 12:00 to 23:00
Important information for your visit to the Dippemess
Please note that dogs are not permitted on the event grounds. The safety and well-being of all visitors is our top priority.
Spectacular attractions at the Dippemess
This year’s Dippemess offers a total of 19 fairground rides and amusement rides, 11 children’s rides, 17 confectionery stands, 27 lottery/shooting/game booths, 39 catering stands and summer gardens and 13 sales stands. Highlights include the Giant Ferris Wheel 45, the Ghost Temple, the Skyfall freefall tower, the Höllenblitz indoor rollercoaster, the Alpine Coaster and the Poseidon wild water ride.
For younger guests, there is the 1001 Nights children’s carousel, the Mini Airport, Aladdin, the Montgolfiére, the Highway and the children’s car scooter.
Culinary delights and exciting game booths
In addition to the numerous rides, a varied culinary offering awaits you. Whether hearty specialties, sweet treats or refreshing drinks – there is something for every taste. You can try your luck at various game stands and win great prizes.
All in all, the folk festival offers an unforgettable experience for young and old. Visit the oldest and largest folk festival in the region and enjoy the unique atmosphere, the exciting rides and the tasty treats with family and friends. We wish you lots of fun and unforgettable moments at the Kerb in the Main metropolis.
A feast for the senses: music and culture at the Dippemess
In addition to the numerous attractions and culinary offerings, the Dippemess also offers a varied music and cultural program. Live music, dance performances and other cultural highlights await you on various stages and venues on the fairgrounds and enrich the colorful hustle and bustle at the Dippemess.
Whether traditional folk music, modern beats or international sounds – the Dippemess music program offers something for every taste. Let yourself be enchanted by the rousing rhythms and melodies and enjoy the unique atmosphere that music and culture create on the fairground.
Tips for a successful visit to the Dippemess
To make your visit to the Dippemess as pleasant and stress-free as possible, we have put together a few tips for you:
- Arriving by public transport: To avoid traffic jams and long searches for a parking space, we recommend traveling by bus and train. The “Eissporthalle/Festplatz” stop is located right next to the fairground and is served by the subway line U7, streetcar line 12 and bus lines 38 and 103. These means of transport run until after midnight and therefore also offer good connections for the journey home.
- Explore the festival grounds: Plan enough time to explore the entire festival grounds at your leisure and discover the various attractions, stands and venues. This will allow you to fully enjoy the wide range of attractions at the Dippemess and get an overview of the various rides, culinary offerings and cultural highlights.
- Plan your budget: Think about how much money you want to spend on your visit to the Dippemess in advance and plan accordingly. Take into account the costs for rides and games as well as for food and drink. This way you can take advantage of the various offers without any worries and concentrate fully on the experience.
- Keep an eye onthe weather: Before visiting the Dippemess, find out about the current weather conditions and dress accordingly. Think about weatherproof clothing and, if necessary, an umbrella to be prepared for all eventualities.
- Pay attention to safety: Take care of your personal belongings and leave valuables at home if possible. Also pay attention to the safety instructions on the individual rides and follow the instructions of the staff.
With these tips, nothing stands in the way of an unforgettable visit to the Frankfurt Dippemess 2023! We wish you lots of fun, unforgettable moments and an eventful time at Frankfurt’s traditional folk festival!
Family fun at the Dippemess: offers for children and families
The Dippemess is a festival for the whole family, which is also reflected in the many child-friendly attractions and activities. With a variety of children’s rides such as “1001 Nights”, “Mini Airport”, “Aladdin”, “The Montgolfiére” and many more, young visitors will get their money’s worth. There are also special children’s sports carousels, children’s loops and even a traffic kindergarten that teaches traffic rules in a fun way.
In addition to the rides, there are numerous games and lottery booths especially for children. Here, the youngest visitors can try their luck and win great prizes. The gastronomy at the Dippemess has also thought of the little guests: many stands offer child-friendly food and drinks that will also delight the youngest palates.
Tradition and modernity: the Dippemess reflects Frankfurt’s history and culture
The Frankfurt Dippemess is not only a large folk festival, but also an important cultural event that reflects the history and tradition of the city of Frankfurt am Main. Since its medieval origins, the Dippemess has constantly evolved and is now a modern folk festival that combines traditional and contemporary elements.
In addition to classic rides and fairground stalls, Dippemess also features innovative and futuristic attractions that thrill visitors with state-of-the-art technology and fast-paced rides. At the same time, the Dippemess remains true to its roots and cultivates the city’s cultural heritage by integrating traditional crafts, regional specialties and local folklore into the festivities.
Conclusion: Frankfurt Dippemess – an unforgettable experience for young and old
The Frankfurt Dippemess 2024 promises to be another unforgettable experience for visitors of all ages. With its diverse range of rides, culinary delights, cultural highlights and family-friendly attractions, it offers something for everyone and attracts thousands of guests from near and far every year.
Let yourself be enchanted by the unique atmosphere of the Dippemess and enjoy an unforgettable day with family and friends at Frankfurt’s traditional folk festival. We wish you lots of fun and unforgettable moments at the Frankfurt Dippemess 2024!
You are currently viewing a placeholder content from Instagram. To access the actual content, click the button below. Please note that doing so will share data with third-party providers.More Information